iCal not syncing - mobileme

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aoaaron, Aug 28, 2011.

1. aoaaron macrumors 6502

Is this a new issue? It says my mobileme subscription has been extended to 2012 but it not longer lets me sync my ical. When I do click sync, it just syncs my passwords to my iphone (keychain) and nothing else by the looks of it.

Whatevers on my MBP is not getting to either my uni account or my mobileme account. help please!

2. ateganda29 macrumors member

I'm not sure if this actually answers your question but thought I'd throw this as a possibility. It's true that after the WWDC in June and it announced the iCloud feature that will be coming in the fall, MobileMe ceased to exist. However, existing MobileMe users have been extended until 2012 until they fully integrate the the iCloud feature. Before this happened, MobileMe calendar and mailbox were upgraded. If you upgraded, then you should be set. What I found out is that after the upgrade, at least for the calendar feature of MobileMe, you only have one calendar that lives on MobileMe. So your iCal is now syncing with MobileMe calendar. Before, I believe that you have your local iCal on your iMac or MBP and it syncs to MobileMe and back. However, with the upgrade, I think it removed the data on your iMac or MBP and only uses the calendar and data on the MobileMe cloud. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this correctly or clearly. But I just noticed that on the iCal on my iMac, from the list of calendars, I didn't have my 'on my mac' calendar anymore and was replaced by 'on xxx@me.com' which led me to believe that the data actually lives on MobileMe now instead of in my computer. Because I upgraded, when MobileMe ceased to exist in June, I haven't had any syncing issues whatsoever. Hope that helps.