iCal not syncing with iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CultHero, Jun 30, 2011.

1. CultHero macrumors 6502

it was up until a day or two ago when it started to get patchy. Now events in my iPad don't sync over to my iMac cal and therefore I can't sync over to my iPhone.

Any suggestions? I have searched and it seems others are having issues too.

2. CultHero thread starter macrumors 6502

well after 45 minutes on the phone with tech support, we discovered that Gmail and other mail services like to insert themselves as default calendar when you enable them as mail.

I have two gmail accounts and a corp account that all come to my ipad and iphone. Each device was set up with a different default calendar and despite m thoughts that I was entering events into the mac calendar I was actually inserting them into the google calendar making them unseen to the mac.

Solution, go into settings:/ mail, contacts. calendars and scroll all the way down till you see default calendar. That needs to be changed to the one you want to match.

Hope this helps someone, it stumped me for a good 4 hours today :mad::p

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I use Yahoo mail and did not encounter this problem. I just checked my settings and it doesn't have a default calendar setting.

4. CultHero thread starter macrumors 6502

not sure which accounts do it, but on my iphone and my ipad they were set to two different things.

With the default mac calendar, you have home, calendar and work as options, and both my gmail accounts and my corporate account had calendar options to choose. One device was on one calendar, one was on the other and the iMac calendar was set to work.

Not one of them was talking to the other.

I know I have never messed with this setting, and the advanced tech support told me that he discovered his when his cal got messed up.

Just posting it in the hopes that it will help someone. I found many a thread on this with no resolution so.....

5. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

You efforts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time.