Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Project-79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Canada
So, the other day my mother accidentally erased all of her events in iCal on her Mac. She still had them all on her iPhone, so she tried to sync it with her Mac to undo the deletions. But it did the opposite; all of her events were lost on her phone. Luckily, I was able to restore her back-up onto her iPhone. So I need to know if there is a way to sync the events (one-way) from the phone onto the Mac.

Thanks!

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Syncing does the last thing you did. So, for example, if you delete all the iCal entries on your Mac and sync, then it thinks you want to do that on the iPhone. If you deleted all the entries on your iPhone and synced, then it would delete all the entries on the Mac.

So, now that you have them on the iPhone again, you should be able to sync and they'll show up on the Mac.

Project-79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Canada
Syncing does the last thing you did. So, for example, if you delete all the iCal entries on your Mac and sync, then it thinks you want to do that on the iPhone. If you deleted all the entries on your iPhone and synced, then it would delete all the entries on the Mac.

So, now that you have them on the iPhone again, you should be able to sync and they'll show up on the Mac.

Thanks, but it didn't work. Is there any way to sync it one-way only?

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.

Many thanks for demystifying this procedure! :)

I've also had the "double entries" problem on my 3GS. I think (hope) I've cured it except on the Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Default Calendar page as shown below:

4522753539_61310d61cd_o.png

How on earth do I get rid of the duplicate entries on this page? :confused:

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Many thanks for demystifying this procedure! :)

I've also had the "double entries" problem on my 3GS. I think (hope) I've cured it except on the Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Default Calendar page as shown below:

4522753539_61310d61cd_o.png

How on earth do I get rid of the duplicate entries on this page? :confused:

Easy. Just delete the calendars in iCal. I'm not sure why you have an "anniversary" calendar and all the other categories, but if you delete them, they'll be gone.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Easy. Just delete the calendars in iCal. I'm not sure why you have an "anniversary" calendar and all the other categories, but if you delete them, they'll be gone.

Thanks - once again - I'll give it a go.

The reason for the various categories is an overhang reaching back a number of years, pre-iPhone.

nicbaines

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2010
Can I merge 2 i phone calendar accounts?

Hi

I also have issues with 2 calendars appearing in the iphone. However, only 1 syncs to outlook's calendar, event though i have ticked sync all calendars in itunes. if i delete one, i will lose the appointments that have somehow been created in it. can i merge the accounts somehow and then delete one before syncing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.