iCal p06-caldav.icloud.com couldn't connect after 120 seconds

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dihydrocody, Sep 30, 2014.

1. dihydrocody macrumors newbie

I keep getting this popup in iCal:

"iCal couldn't connect to p06-caldav.icloud.com after trying for 120 seconds. Make sure you're connected to the Internet, then try again later."

A few calendars refresh, but some of them don't - presumably the ones that cause that message to appear.

The account works OK in iCal for a few months, then every so often it gives that message for a few months, before starting to work again, without me making any setup changes.

Does that mean that the problem is Apple? Is there another server I can use that doesn't time out?

I am connecting to server:
    p06-caldav.icloud.com

with server path:
    /143756798/principal/

(I can't even remember where I got that information from originally to set up the account in iCal)

I am using iCal 4.0.4 on OS 10.6.8

My iCal works fine on my IOS 7 iPhone, and the shared calendars sync fine in my wife's iCal, so I can use the calendars OK, but just not on my laptop.

Thanks!

2. dihydrocody thread starter macrumors newbie

If this helps any: it's the shared calendars from my wife's iCloud that are causing the problem. When I go to her iCal and unshare those calendars, that timeout disappears on my iCal. When I add those calendars back in, the timeout re-occurs. Her iCal works fine throughout, the problem only occurring on my computer.

Would love to know if anyone else has had anything similar and has any ideas. I have found all the Apple iCloud stuff a bit unreliable (reminders occasionally not updating, a few songs spontaneously renaming themselves etc), and it's really annoying not being able to use iCal.

Thanks!