iCal preferences not retained

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by djellison, May 19, 2008.

1. djellison macrumors 68020

OK...here goes.

iCal decided to ignore the colors I was setting my 4 different calenders to, resetting them to be 4 similar colors every time I loaded iCal. This was annoying.

I googled around, found a suggestion of deleting the plist iCal file. I did this, but now it doesn't remember ANYTHING. Every time I load it goes to the week view ( despite changing to the month view very time )

I tried exporting my calenders, deleting iCal, reinstalling from the OSX disk, and importing my calender, and the same problem remains - it doesn't remember my settings.

Any ideas? And any ideas why iCal would suddenly just start changing the colours of my calenders? Rebuilding permissions made no change.

Doug

2. djellison thread starter macrumors 68020

I've tried again - totally removed every iCal reference I can find in /library/prefs and /library/cache and library/calenders etc. etc. - then I culled ical from my apps. Then restarted, rebuilt permissions, restarted again, double checked for any iCal stuff. Nothing left.

Installed iCal off the OSX CD. Restart again. iCal now installed, on the dock, showing the right date. Open it. Switch to Month view. Close it. Reopen it and IT DOESN'T REMEMBER IT - back to week view.

What the hell do I have to do to get iCal to remember my settings.