iCal Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JavaWizKid, May 26, 2009.

1. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

When setting the time for an event it is IMPOSSIBLE to tell if its am or pm. I set an event time for a weeks time at 12:00 noon. I told it to notify me 1 day in advanced and guess what it did, it gave me a ding at 12 midnight! Ugh, why doesn't it say AM or PM beside it or at least be in 24h format!!! This is soo annoying, there must be a way to change it!

2. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

3. JavaWizKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

It looks like this:

Attached Files:

4. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Is your system time syncing with time.apple.com or is it manually set?

Also, check your setting in System Preferences...>International>Formats>Times>Customize.

5. JavaWizKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

What do I do in the System Preferences? It displays Am/Pm in the top right where the time is and yes it does sync with time.apple.com

6. jive turkey macrumors 6502

Looks like iCal is using 24-hour time instead of the 12 hour time that the rest of your system is on (since it says AM/PM on the clock at the top of the screen). Maybe try clicking on that time and selecting "open date and time," and look under the clock tab. I don't know if turning 24 hour time on and back off (or the "show AM/PM setting on and off) will do anything, but I would try it with iCal closed.

7. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman