Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JavaWizKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
When setting the time for an event it is IMPOSSIBLE to tell if its am or pm. I set an event time for a weeks time at 12:00 noon. I told it to notify me 1 day in advanced and guess what it did, it gave me a ding at 12 midnight! Ugh, why doesn't it say AM or PM beside it or at least be in 24h format!!! This is soo annoying, there must be a way to change it!

JavaWizKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
It looks like this:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 66

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
Is your system time syncing with time.apple.com or is it manually set?

Also, check your setting in System Preferences...>International>Formats>Times>Customize.

JavaWizKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
What do I do in the System Preferences? It displays Am/Pm in the top right where the time is and yes it does sync with time.apple.com

jive turkey

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008
Looks like iCal is using 24-hour time instead of the 12 hour time that the rest of your system is on (since it says AM/PM on the clock at the top of the screen). Maybe try clicking on that time and selecting "open date and time," and look under the clock tab. I don't know if turning 24 hour time on and back off (or the "show AM/PM setting on and off) will do anything, but I would try it with iCal closed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.