iCal Question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hydrocity, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I was wondering what is the best way to sync my calanders between my Macbook Pro, iPhone and iPad.

It does not have to be iCal, as another application that allows this syncing is fine, as long as the app works well.

The thing is, I have a bunch of events in my iCal on my iPad, therefore if I were to use another app, I would like to import those events somehow.

I realize there is Mobile me, but I would rather wait to see what new features of Mobile Me will be coming out before I drop 99$. Rumours say it could go free or cheaper than what it is now.

2. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for reading :rolleyes:

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I just plug my iOS devices into my mac every day and sync my calendars like that.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Just use google. It's free and works all over. Visit m.google.com/sync for details from iPad.

5. HvyMtlPlyr macrumors member

Second vote for Google Calendar here. I use Google to sync my mac, my cell phone, my wife's mac and her iPad. Works great.

6. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

You're welcome. You ask an opinion, there is mine. Use MobileMe.

7. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Also vote for google, I have a small issue with entries made on my iPad not syncing up to google, but others do not have this issue. I have just trained myself to make my entries in google directly.

8. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does the Google sync way work through the iCal app?

I do believe I have Google Calendars on my iPhone, but when I input events, how do I get it to sync with my other devices. Excuse me if it is all explained in on the site m.google.com/sync, as I have to finish up some work, so i will take a look at that later.

9. nosser macrumors regular

yup google calendar will work through iCal... syncs my macs, my wife's and my iPhone and my iPad.

10. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, i put in an event into my iPads native calander app, and it doesnt show on my iPhones native calendar app...

What am i doing wrong?

11. nosser macrumors regular

under iCal preferences add your google account and then through your mobile device follow this for an iPhone or iPad

12. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok I got it to work, but it deleted all of my previous events :(

How do i set this sync up with with iCal on my MBP now? I will try to figure it out, but if anybody can post how to, that would be great. Just in case I cant figure it out...

13. Zcott macrumors 68020

Just open iCal, go to accounts and type in your Gmail username and password.

14. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok I got everything working. Thanks everyone

15. saberahul macrumors 68040

Many times if your Google cal doesn't show up in your iOS device - you must go to the site I posted earlier: m.google.com/sync and log in with your credentials. Now you must click on the iOS device you want to sync up and then enable all the calendars you want (if you have more than 1). Now all you need to do is open up the calendar app on that iOS device and wait for 1 minute. When you click on "Calendars" you'll see all your calendars that you checked are now in sync. Hope this helps.

16. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

You could use MobileMe and it would work great but since that is not a choice then I guess Google would do fine, I just didn't find Google Sync to be that accurate and sometimes I found duplicate notes, ical events and contacts, so I didn't like it.

17. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

MobileMe +1. I use it to sync five Mac's in three locations, plus my iPhone, and "it just works". Flawlessly. Every time. In fact just tonight I fired-up an old PowerMac G4 that I hadn't used in a couple of months and sure enough it immediately started syncing. Yeah it's $99 but it's the ideal solution.

18. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ya, earlier it wouldnt work. I went to that site, logged in and left my device on for a few min and it finally sync'd. Now it syncs almost instantaneous. As of now, this method does what I need. Thanks.