iCal question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CrzyCanuck72, Aug 15, 2008.

1. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

I'd like to do something with iCal, but I don't think it's possible... wondering if anyone has any alternative suggestions

basically I want to be able to "block out" my weekly class times from iCal so that I can't schedule other events in the times I have class (or at least get a notification that they're overlapping). I want to be able to do this WITHOUT having all my classes showing in iCal, which would make the calendar too cluttered.

Any ideas on how this could be accomplished?

2. froggytreafrogg macrumors regular

froggytreafrogg

i'm not completly sure but ical isn't all that much. ive tried to do certain stuff with it and couldn't do much either. i'm sure however that if you look on the internet that you'll find something that would be better to download or buy for cheap. :apple:

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. shaynathesalon macrumors newbie

ical question

I am switching from the palm calendar to ical to book all my appointments (I'm a hairstylist) I am less than thrilled but love being able to use mobile me so easily. If I can fix these two problems the calendar would be much more user friendly for me and my stylists.

I book every 15min but the calendar is every half hour. Can I change the time incraments?

is there a way to attach my clients contact information to their appointment? Idealy, I would like to be able to click on my client's name in ical and have all their information pop up. Does anyone know how to do this?

thanks for the help!