iCal question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maturnip, Nov 9, 2009.

1. maturnip macrumors newbie

this is what i want to do: I make notes in my iCal entries, not all but some, and i would like to know if there is a setting that would change the color of the main entry text not the entry itself or does anyone have a solution that may help? Thank you.

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

If you mean the text in the Edit window, at the top, then, no, there's isn't a setting to change its color. If you mean the text as it appears on the calendar, then I'm afraid the answer is the same. Strange though, when I switch to Week instead of Month, some text changes color. It's all white in Month view, but some text changes to a darker hue of the bubble color in Week view.

3. maturnip thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry I didn't make myself clear, it's a problem with me, I mean is there anyway to automatically change color of the text in the title of the event, which i have typed, when a note is added? If there isn't would it be possible to create a script that does?

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Sorry if I'm dense. We're still not connecting. We may be using different terms to describe the same thing, or perhaps you use iCal in some way that I'm not familiar with. Apparently no one else gets it either. Maybe a screen shot would help, if you know how to post one. (I don't!)

5. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

From reading the above posts this is what I believe the OP wants to do (maybe):

On a previously entered event on ical they want to be able to add a note to the event and when this occurs have the colour of the title changed.

Sadly I do not know how to do this!

6. maturnip thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes! That's it Stridemat! Although I think Greeg2 is right. I was looking for an easier way but will just change the calendar it belongs to the old fashioned way it's not too much of a hassle.

How would you go about creating something like that if you could? Like adding a category, a canceled or changed category that if you wrote a note in would automatically change the color of the event.

Anyway, thank you both for your help.

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

The bubble, the characters in the bubble, or both?

A script? But the change of content is customized, the change of color you want to be standardized. That's a tough one, I think. For it to be automatic, it seems like that would have to be an iCal setting built in to the application.