iCal replacements

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Grunze, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Grunze macrumors regular

Grunze

Hi,

I'm not all that impressed with the apple calendar application.
    Does anyone know of any free well designed calendar apps for mac, that are more expansive than ical?

Thanks!

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Can you give an example of an application that you consider to be adequate in terms of functionality for another platform? That might help determine which direction you should go in....Entourage does things in a way much more like Outlook; there have been a number of threads and suggestions for apps for users for whom good to-do listing is crucial, etc.

3. Grunze thread starter macrumors regular

Grunze

I like ical.. expect, I'd like it to have more functionality.. for example
    1. Having different levels of completion for a task, like in progress, waiting on someone..
    2. have the todo list incorporate with the calendar
    3. maybe more customization.

I just wanted to know what other options are available.

Thanks

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

5. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

You could benefit from looking into the following programs and widgets. Examine each of them and hopefully one will be what you are looking for:

1) DoBeDo...a widget that makes iCals to-do list accessible from the Dashboard.

2) iGTD or Journler...both are journal/diary based organizers...iGTD looks a little more task oriented. I just started using Journler yesterday and haven't actually used iGTD...so I can't speak with how well either one integrates with Mail, iCal and other apps. Also, if you are in education (student or teacher), you might want to look at Schoolhouse...which is similar but geared towards that market.