iCal ridiculousness

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fainer, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Fainer macrumors member

Just got back from the Apple Store and they were able to resolve some of my iCal/iCloud syncing issues. But I knew I would still have some work to get my iCal on my iMac working. Still one BIG problem....I can't add anything to it! Seriously. I double tap a day and nothing happens. I 2 finger tap and I get an option that says, "New Event". Looks good right?! I click it and nothing happens. This part is crazy...I click on the "plus sign" icon on the top left for the "create quick event" and add something. It does not appear on my iMac's iCal, but does on my MacBook, iPhone, and iPad (However even that is not right. It adds "New Event" instead of what I typed on the iMac AND it created duplicates of it!)

So what the heck? Any ideas or do I need to just go ahead and schedule another appt at the Genius Bar? :/

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Some more specifics might help someone help you. Same version of iCal on all devices? Which version/(s) ...on which devices? OS on the Mac that's not cooperating?

3. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

It sounds like your iCal installation is all mucked up. I mean, presumably you still experience these issues whether your computer is off the network? Have you tried fixing disk permissions using Disk Utility?