ical server delegates on iphone

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by Asrath, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Asrath macrumors newbie

Asrath

Does anybody know how to set up an iphone/ipad to show delegated calendars from a mac osx server?
    I worked it out on an OSX client, but on an iOS 8 device I have no clue.
    All hints I found on the internet (like additional account with different uid string) didn't work out.

2. silox macrumors newbie

Share Calendar

I was just looking how to solve this problem. I am not sure if iOS 8 added this function but on my iPhone you actually don't worry about delegates at all.

- Open "Calendar" app on your iPhone (I would assume the iPad is the same).
    - tap "Calendars" at the bottom of the calendar app screen...
    - This will show all the calendars you can show in the calendar app
    - tap the (i) next to the calendar you want to share to other devices
    - Under section "Shared with:" tap Add Person
    - the To: field I just put in the email of the user I wanted to add.
    - Now on the ipad/iphone that has the email sent the invite to, open up that calendar app and tap on "Inbox" at the bottom of the calendar app screen and there should be an option to view/share the persons calendar you want to see.

Just know that I noticed on my mac that you have to turn off the "show delegate" on the calendar because after I accepted the share calendar on my phone the calendar on my mac now showed a duplicate of the delegate calendar.
    - This may not happen for everyone but just a fyi

Not sure if apple is deprecating the delegate feature and moving forward they want to do this share method. I thought it was weird because usually all this setup on iOS is handled in the settings app for "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"