iCal SIMBL Error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by imac abuser, Oct 7, 2008.

1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

When I open iCal I'm getting this

SIMBL Error

iCal 3.0.5 (v1270) has not been tested with the plugin Scalp (null) (v0.6). As a precaution, it has not been loaded. Please contact the plugin developer (not the SIMBL author) for further information.

I am running 10.5.5 all updates are done. I have tried resyncing my mac to mobile me. I even went as far as completely deleting my iCal off my phone, mobile me, and my mac book and redid it all.

Is this just a bug and should I forget it until apple fixes it or?

2. cw2k7 macrumors member

The Scalp plugin has not been updated for the current version of iCal. You will need to remove the Scalp plugin and wait for the developer of scalp to issue an update if you still need the features it provides.

3. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Where is it located? Also was that something Apple installed? I don't remember installing anything like that.

4. cw2k7 macrumors member

It's a third party addon that you or a user of your mac would of had to install.

You have to manually remove it by deleting the Scalp.bundle that can be found in /Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/

If you don't use any other SIMBL based plugins you can also delete /Library/InputManagers/SIMBL