iCal Snow Leopard always starts at 01:00 AM?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kristoffer4, Aug 22, 2011.

1. kristoffer4 macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

My iCal on Snow Leopard always shows that it begins at 01:00 AM even though I have set it to begin at 08:00 AM :confused:

2. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

It's the same way in Lion. I actually asked this same question a few week backs in regards to Lion's iCal, but to no avail.

3. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

I'm guessing you are talking about the "Day view" in iCal. You can hack the plist file to avoid displaying times outside a range, but it only removes the timestamps - don't see a way to make the actual window real estate change.

Anyway, to try it, use finder to navigate to Library/Preferences from your home folder. Look for a file called com.apple.iCal.plist and double-click on it to bring up the plist editor. Look for two keys named "first minute of day time range" and "last minute of day time range". Change the values of these items as desired.

4. kristoffer4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

5. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Actually the Day Starts at and Day Ends at times just show that portion of the day with a highlight, and the Show: XX hours at a time, controls how many hours are displayed at a time. I don't think any of the settings are intended to change the length of the day as it remains at 24 hours.

6. kristoffer4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

True. But After 00:00 i am usually sleeping. Espescially in the week days.