iCal still sucks big time!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by motulist, Jan 15, 2008.

1. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Man, ical still seriously sucks! They promoted the new leopard iCal as if they made major changes to it, but they didn't, it's still the same old piece of dog excrement! It can't do the simplest things! For example you can't do ANYTHING to more than one event at a time!

For instance, let's say I always go to the gym 1 hour after lunch, but the time when I take lunch is different every day. I can't just copy and paste the lunch and gym events because when you paste the events all lose their individual calendar settings and all get changed into the calendar color of the first chronological event!

But lets even say the events are already in the same calendar color, once I copy and paste several events to a new day, there's no way to move them as a group earlier or later in the day, you have to manually drag each one exactly 1 hour later (or whatever the offset may be).

It doesn't even let you move items using the arrow keys!!!

What is mentally wrong with Apple that they've positioned this piece of software into such an important place in their integrated interoperating software system (iCal - addressbook - mail.app - safari - etc.) yet they've let this key piece in their system remain so horribly bad that it's almost unusable?

2. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I couldn't disagree more.