iCal - Sunbird - help!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidg4781, Aug 14, 2007.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

I'm trying to make my life a little easier. Right now, my main calendar app is iCal, and I sync that with my Treo 700p. I am using another PC and Windows XP under Bootcamp, so I'm not always able to use iCal. What I'm looking for is a way to view my Calendar on Sunbird (or any other calendar app for Windows).

I was thinking going through Google Calendar, or another web based solution, so that Sunbird can access that. I don't need to change the data on the PC, just to view it. If I need to change anything, I'll use iCal or my Treo, since I want to keep that closed to prevent anything weird from happening (it's happened before).

Now, this isn't something that's necessary, so I wouldn't want to pay anything, but I could maybe do a small app. I've seen one that has a monthly fee or a relatively large lifetime registration, and that's more than I'd like to pay for this.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

If you have .mac you can publish your calendar and then subscribe to it in Sunbird.

You can also publish the calendar to a private server also

3. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

I am using FuseMail. I wonder if that would work. I would like to move everything to GMail, but since they don't have an IMAP option, yet, it's not going to work for me.

I'll try out the FuseMail thing and post my results here. If anyone has tried this yet, I'd love to hear about it and what they did.

4. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

Wow! I wonder why no one's mentioned this yet!

www.icalexchange.com

I published 3 calendars from iCal to it, and Subscribed using Sunbird. Seems to be working pretty good. I even sent the subscribe links to a friend of mine that just bought a new MacBook. Now, if I can only do this with my Address book, I'd be in great shape!