iCal: syncronizing two computers

AJ's Apple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
Hello everyone. I'm not sure what I'm looking for here. I use two computers; one for working at home and one for working at work. I use a small portable HDD to work on files I use/need. Is there a way to synchronize both my iCal calendars regardless of which one I enter an appointment into? In other words, how can I add to the other so they are the same regardless of which one I last used, without doing it twice obviously? Does this make sense?

The iMac is running 10.3.9. The MacBook is running 10.4.7.

AJ's Apple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
mad jew said:
Some people complain that it's too expensive, but I use .Mac for syncing my iCal and Address Book between my Macs. :)
Well, I do feel there should be a way to do it without relying on a monthly service charge. I did find a beta application called MySync; however, it requires both computers to be running 10.4 and I don't intend on upgrading my OS until, maybe, 10.5.

AJ's Apple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
I have found a syncronous application. However, I need to locate "my" calander files of which I have six of them.

Does anyone know if my calanders happen to be under the folders MacBook>Users>Home>Library>Application Support>iCal>Sources ?

AJ's Apple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
mad jew said:
Yeah, that's where they are. What app are you using? :)
SilverKeeper. However, I found out the file structure is different for 10.3. Soooo, I can't do it like I hoped unless I buy 10.4 for the iMac which I'm not going to do this close to 10.5.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
mad jew said:
Some people complain that it's too expensive, but I use .Mac for syncing my iCal and Address Book between my Macs. :)
I honestly don't think .Mac is too expensive for what it offers. I have several Macs between home and work and just being able to keep everything N Sync (pardon the pun) is worth every penny. That and the enhanced features and ease of iWeb.