iCal syncs to Cloud, Cloud fails to sync to iPhone

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Penguinwrangler, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Penguinwrangler macrumors regular

So this is a new one on me and I'm hoping someone has a solution or at least a sympathetic, "Yeah, me too..."

I create an event invite via Entourage (or iCal) and put it into iCal. Great. I then sync manually and go and check the webcalendar and it has indeed synced up and the event is there just dandy. Even has the Time Zone right. Then I went to my iPhone an hour later, assuming that the event would be in that Calendar as well, as my experience has been that the Cloud and the iPhone sync immediately and accurately. Well, no longer. The events did not make it my iPhone calendar, even though everything is set in preferences to sync.

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. climber14 macrumors newbie

Yep, me too

Same issue. The only fix I have found (which sucks) is to go into settings, and accounts, and .me account and turn off syncing for calendar. Then turn phone off (not really off, just standby) then back on (awake) and go back into settings, then turn syncing for calendar back on, then go to calendar program. It should refresh and you should see the spinning wheel and then it shows everything perfectly. But, the pain is that you have to do this everytime you what your phone to be updated.

J