iCal to Gmail

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rbhirsch1, May 9, 2008.

1. rbhirsch1 macrumors newbie

I am first time user of Macs.

I know it is possible to link iCal to Gmail. But, it is possible to have Gmail continually update itself every time I add or change an entry in iCal? In other words, is there some hot link or automatic email setting that will transfer a new entry from iCal to Gmail?

If this is possible, please tell me how to do it?

Thank you,
    Richard

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I use Spanning Sync for syncing from Google to iCal. It's not free though. The cost is $25 for a year subscription, or $65 one-time. In any case, it syncs with Google hourly, and it's a two-way update (changes in Google show up on iCal, and vice versa).

You can also use the same subscription on multiple Macs. This lets me sync my iPhone calendar to my mac at home, my MBP, and my mac at work, which is really nice.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

4. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

Well, IF you can publish your iCal (to a server that let's you publish calendars, obviously, and I don't know of any free server that let's you publish directly from iCal), EVERY change to the iCal calendar made on your mac will be reflected to the "online" calendar, and google will automatically SEE the changes and reflect them accordingly (it is, after all, a subscription).

However, to my knowledge, there is no way to directly publish from iCal to Google, which would save us all the fuzz. :D

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan