ICal to Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by noj, Oct 15, 2007.

1. noj macrumors newbie

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum section.

I plan on executing a clean install once i purchase leopard. I'd like to start over as if i just purchased my SR MBP again.

I can easily back up any programs i've installed currently, however since June i've made quite a good usage out of ICal. My question is... is there a way to save your calendar and all the information in it.. and import it over to a new systems ICal after installing Leopard.. so that i'd have all my old information?..

Thank you for any replies.

2. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Archive & Install

Do an Archive and Install instead of a "Clean Install". It will preserve all your current settings and save you a lot of hassle. Then after the install just delete the "Previous System" folder. It's the same as a Clean Install without a lot of trouble unnecessarily reinstalling everything and having to reset all your preferences.

You must be from the Windows world. We don't have to start over when upgrading systems to their next level.

3. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

I agree that's it probably not necessary, but if you have your heart set on it...

In iCal, go to "File" and take "Back up database".

[​IMG]

I'll let you guess where the option to "revert to database backup" might be. ;)

4. noj thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you both very much for your responses.

And yes, formerly of the windows world. Never to look back.
    Can only say i can't wait for my desktop to need replacement, gives me an excuse for an those nice new Mac Pro's :)