iCal - Unable to delete calendars I've subscribed to

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jaston1979, Nov 1, 2010.

1. jaston1979 macrumors newbie

I upgraded to the MobileMe BETA. Not sure if this is a "beta" problem or something that would have happened even I were not on the BETA when I went to delete subscribe calendars. I have been subscribed to calendars for some time. Then I went to delete some calendars I've subscribed to (my wife's). For some reason I am unable to delete the calendars I'm subscribed to. They do temporarily act as if they are deleted, but when I start up ical again, they reappear. It seems that it's not truly removing them from the CALDAV server (or wherever they may be saved on MobileMe). I've attempted to delete them, then delete Plist files, etc. etc. I have deleted all of my calendars and reset them up, hoping this would trigger something...no hope. Any ideas? Any way to access the server that seems to be bringing these back each time I restart? The only reason I think they are on a "server" is because I deleted all of my calendars and they did delete, then added my MobileMe account back into iCal and they reappeared again.

2. devinh macrumors member

devinh

I have basically the same problem. I somehow subscribed to the 2010 FIFA World Cup calendar. I must have deleted it without unsubscribing. In my iCal on my MBP, only "Home" shows up. The calendar shows up on my wife's iPhone4 and I cannot get rid of it. I completely reset her phone and didn't restore from an iTunes back-up. Hope we get some responses.

Cheers.

3. jaston1979 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes - exactly!

I just did a (painful) full reformat/reinstall on my computer. I also did a reformat on my iPad and iPhone in hopes that it would remove this subscribed calendar somehow. Initially it appeared that I was successful, but then it resurfaced a few hours later (it felt like it was through the mobileme sync or through the cloud where the calendar is hosted.