iCal view all items on calendar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by blehpunk, Dec 4, 2009.

1. blehpunk macrumors regular

I swear I did this before, but I cannot figure out how to repeat. Is there a way I can get a list (of historical) items that were included on a calendar I created?

I have like 4 calendars that I would like to delete, but want to make sure I don't any tasks in the future on them, or anything historical I would need to keep a record of.

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

The best I could come up with is to enter a year in the search box. That gives you a list at the bottom of the window. You could continue to input years until you were confident nothing is there that you need.

I tried to Export a calendar, but opening it in TextEdit yielded a cumbersome list with lots of extraneous gobbledygook. There must be a better way!

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can print a copy of one or more calendars:

To print calendars and to-do lists:
    1. Chose File > Print.
    2. Choose the printed layout you’d like to use from the View pop-up menu. To print all the events and to-do items shown in the current view, choose List.
    3. Choose a date range to print from the Starts and Ends pop-up menus.
    4. Select the checkboxes next to the calendars you want to print. By default, the calendars that are currently selected in the main iCal window will be printed. Selecting or deselecting calendars here doesn’t affect what’s checked in the main calendar view; it only affects what’s printed. If you select a calendar group, all calendars in the group are printed.
    5. Select additional calendar details and specifications for your printout by selecting checkboxes in the Options section at the bottom of the Print dialog.
    6. In the “Text size” pop-up menu, choose whether you want event headings to appear in big, medium, or small text in the printout, and click Continue.
    7. Choose the printer and any preset printing preferences you want to use and click Print.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

That could work. If you print, you will get a list of every day in the range specified. If there are no events on a given day, it will say "There are no events scheduled" or something to that effect. You can only see the first page in the print dialog, as far as I could tell. So, if you have paper and ink to burn, go for it. On on-screen list would be more useful, but I haven't found a better way that above so far.

5. blehpunk thread starter macrumors regular

thanks, i'll try that. i could have sworn that i had it populated as a list below the calendar like search results, but maybe i was dreaming.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can always print to a PDF file. No need for paper & ink.

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

8. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

Just leave one calendar at a time selected and enter a period (full stop) in the search box.
    S.