ical with google

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alkalidodo, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Alkalidodo macrumors member

Please can i sync ical with Google calender,if yes how?

2. mmduluth macrumors regular

iCal>preferences>accounts>enter your google credentials.

3. Alkalidodo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks and i have synced my Calender items only problem when i update an item within the ical program i cannot see the update on the adjourned date.Please help.

4. jmoretti macrumors newbie

I believe what they're describing is basically subscribing to a one-way CalDAV feed. I been using Spanning Sync for two way sync with my Google Calendar with iCal for several years and have been really happy with it. I tried a ton of free/low cost solutions that totally messed up my calendar before just biting the bullet. From that end, make certain you make a backup before trying much.

FWIW, I also sync my Address Book with my Google Contacts, but I use Address Book's sync feature instead of Spanning Sync's (Apple's version seems to work better).

5. stphnman20 macrumors regular

How do I sync ical with my calendar that is in my iphone?

6. Alkalidodo thread starter macrumors member

Why not have a Google account,sync your calendar with your ical,google calendar and your iphone.You will like it and works fantastically

7. s.hasan546 macrumors 6502

Agreed. Im trying to figure out why i would even renew my mobile me account in july :confused: Google does everything Me account but for free.