iCal won't delete events...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by WhySoSerious, May 17, 2008.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

What's the deal? I have the preferences set to delete events 2 days after they pass, yet it's not doing it. Any ideas? Even if I click the "hide" options, it won't even hide them.

[​IMG]

2. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

3. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

no, they are not. as an example...I had Mother's Day on iCal and it still shows up. I also had Iron Man's movie premier and it still shows. Hmmm...

4. jcs1088 macrumors regular

I have the same propblem. I don't know what's causing it to happen though.

5. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

6. rhettwooten macrumors newbie

Delete Ical Events

Putting together some information from a few other posts. I Figured out how to Delete events in Ical. Open (Find) in Ical/Type in the letter (a)/let Ical search for all events with that letter /highlight them all and push the delete button to get rid of them/go on to the next letter of the alphabet if Necessary and repeat. Hope This Helps.:)

7. mooncaine macrumors regular

Still a problem; still no solution?

Same thing happening to me... and it breaks MobileMe sync. I'm told by Apple Support that my iCal file is too large to sync, so I should delete older events via the auto-delete settings in Preferences.

I'd be willing to that, but iCal doesn't delete the old events.

I've tried the tip of searching for, as an example, the letter "a", then deleting 1 or more of the events in search results. iCal locks up for a very long time, seems to have deleted them, but, when I restart iCal, they are still there. I've tried with one event, a few, and a few dozen at once.

I just don't know what to do. The MobileMe sync feature, remains useless to me since late February. The only solutions I see proposed, here or elsewhere, have failed.

8. stanleygibson macrumors newbie

delete event in iCal

I was able to delete a past event by clicking on it and hitting delete key. Have not backed out and re-opened iCal however to see if it worked

9. Spam macrumors newbie

Deleted Repeating Events

I deleted the repeating event on my calentar and immediately did the same thing on my Iphone. That seemed to so the trick!

10. arielshai macrumors newbie

deleting ical events

On the left side you should see your ical labels, Work, School, Home, etc etc.
    Delete these. As you delete them, so will all the events linked with them.
    Ical will not let you delete the last one (it wants you to have at least one). so, create a new new, then delete the one you previously had.
    boom, all your events are gone.
    cheers

11. JaniceHobbs macrumors newbie

I had the same problem, then solved it!
    Go into ical, highlight the entry then press the backspace key on your keyboard, top right, gone!!

HTH

12. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Sweet. Worked like a charm.