iPhone ical won't sync between iphone ios 8.1.3 and imac/macbookpro

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by EfratSaar, Feb 21, 2015.

1. EfratSaar macrumors newbie

Hi,
    For years the ical sync worked perfectly between all of my mac products.
    For some weird reason, it stopped working and I'm in deep trouble now.
    I must have my ical sync across all devices.
    I tried logging out and back in again to icloud on the iphone but that didn't help, tried restarting the iphone- still deosn't work.
    Can anybody help me?:eek:

2. Trahearne, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015

Trahearne macrumors 6502

If it is the iOS devices not syncing all the updated information, try to open the Calendar app, tap the "Calendars" button at the bottom centre, and then swipe down from the top in the popover sheet (like refreshing your inbox in Mail.app). This forces a resync with the iCloud calendar service, and in my opinion this should have been an explicit button somewhere else, other than this hiding, nearly undiscoverable gesture...

I was able to tackle the Calendar sync issue in this way (particularly Calendars and Fantastical failed to show any of my calendars), where all the attempts of logging in and out iCloud failed. Ugh.

3. EfratSaar thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Trahearne,
    Thanx for your answer.
    However, it apperently doesn't sync the other way around. I add calendar events on the iphone but it doesn't show on my iMac...
    I am using Yosemeite version 10.10.2

Can anyone help out?

4. Seadogtas macrumors newbie

Go to Settings, Mail, Contacts, Calendar and click on Fetch New Data, make sure iCloud is set to Push, then it should work fine.

Seadogtas

5. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

This happened to me recently, but the other way around...

All the schedules added on my iMac would not show up on my iPhone. However, all the schedules added on iPhone perfectly showed up on my Mac. It lasted for weeks. I tried everything - PRAM reset, relogging in iCloud account, deleting cache, etc. And then, for some unknown reason, it mysteriously fixed itself after a few weeks...

There was one way to sync all the schedules even though they did not show up on my iPhone. If I add a random schedule on my iPhone (like add an event named G at 12:00), then the calendar app refreshed, and all the newly added schedules showed up on my phone.

So in your case, add a random schedule on your Mac. Then all the other schedules you added could show up on your Mac.