Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac Curious

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
Is it possible to change the default time that comes up when you're entering a New Event. I want all of my first events of the day to be scheduled for 7AM. Thanks.

Mac Curious

May 8, 2008
Is it possible to change the default time that comes up when you're entering a New Event. I want all of my first events of the day to be scheduled for 7AM. Thanks.

Mac Curious

Have you tried iCal/Preferences/Day Starts At: 7:00am?

Mac Curious

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
Yes; that's how I have it set in preferences. But when I open a date (in the month view), some other time is there. I just opened a day and the time for the event was listed as 9PM (it's 8:25PM where I am now).

May 8, 2008
Perhaps change the End of the Day to 7:00am as well?

Assuming of course that you don't mind changing the time of other events that you don't want to start at 7am.

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
When you start to enter a new appointment, the time that comes up is the time closest to the time you are setting it up. In other words, if it is 8:45 p.m at my home, and I start to set up a new appointment, it will start the appointment, by default, at 9:00 p.m. (or approximately). One just needs to change the time of the appointment accordingly.

May 8, 2008
I think it actually rounds up to the next hour e.g. if it's 15:01 it will start a new event at 16:00.

Yes, I think this is correct. When I was playing around with iCal last night, I noticed that it kept rounding up to the next hour.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.