iCal

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gryfon19, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Gryfon19 macrumors regular

So my iCal icon never seems to be current. It's always displaying July 17 (or whatever the default is). Any way I can make it so it displays the actual date and month (like my iPhone)? Thanks.

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

It only updates once iCal is running (in Tiger). There are some hacks out there that basically have iCal open then go to the background, but you can do the same thing yourself if you like.

3. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I don't understand, my iCal icon on the dock shows the current date. I didn't need to go into any menu's or preferences etc. That's the way it appeared after i installed it. ..... :confused:

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

leopard has the current date at all times, anything preceding that will have the right date displayed only one day per year.

5. martin1000 macrumors regular

6. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

funny lately how a bunch of little quirks that i've been experiencing and others have been beating me to the forums for answers. i just have it opened at login so it's current and pops up which i'd like for it to run in the background when i start up but when i quit it, it goes back to July 17th.