icalviewer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jeremy6044, Dec 14, 2007.

1. jeremy6044 macrumors regular

what happened to icalviewer? seems to have disappeared and i really would like a better way to see my ical events than ical offers.

2. Karlg macrumors newbie

Hi Jeremy,

iCalViewer is alive and kicking - I'm just having some dns problems...

Regards,

Karl

3. jeremy6044 thread starter macrumors regular

great. thanks!

by the way, i have a few questions i wasn't able to see on the site...is there no more screensaver view? is there a dashboard widget?

also, is it possible to have icalviewer take up only a section of the desktop and not the whole thing? that would be ideal so it wouldn't always be the focus of attention but always be there in the periphery.

thanks again!

4. Karlg macrumors newbie

Hi Jeremy,

Re: screen saver
    This facility is built into iCalViewer. It's a bit different from a screen-saver module, so it has its advantages and disadvantages.

Re: is there a dashboard widget?
    No at the moment...

Re: is it possible to have icalviewer take up only a section of the desktop and not the whole thing?
    This will happen in the next major version that I will start working on in early '08.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Regards,

Karl

5. jeremy6044 thread starter macrumors regular

karl, thanks for getting back to me. when you have the next version out with that partial desktop functionality, please let me know and i'll subscribe for it.

thanks!
    jeremy

6. macdoofus macrumors member

I just discovered this program, and the whole idea of putting iCal events on the desktop, so wanted to bump the thread for others. Man, it's a great tool! Simple but effective. I had a "learning issue" on my end and emailed the author and he responded with the answer I hoped for. Anyway, not a shill here, just a new fan of iCalViewer.

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Ok, sell me on it. What can you do with it that makes it so neat?