iCarbons...any good?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MrMister111, Apr 11, 2013.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

What are these iCarbons like? Never had any, they look very thick though, so adding them to front, back and sides what does iPhone feel like?

I also always use screen protector (bestskinsever at mo), do you stick the iCarbon on top of these and they stick fine and look ok still?

I take it if you use iCarbons then you don't need a case as such? Most will not fit, clip on ones etc? I also use a Mediadevil pouch, suppose with iCarbons it won't fit in either?

I know they don't do the Apple rear logo cut out now, but looks better with the cut out, is this easy to do manually?

Is there a UK distributed? On eBay? Do anyone do similar solutions?

Cheers

2. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

iCarbons is great. But i'd prefer Sticker Boy since they have more selections. Not just carbon fiber skins. Plus they have a chamfered side skins for the iPhone 5 that'll protect the sides all the way through.

Check out some of my pics on my thread

3. soundtracker macrumors member

4. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for that. Do sticker boy have a UK distributer to?

5. 92jlee macrumors 6502

I'd be interested in a UK distributor of Sticker Boy too.. Not spending a fortune importing those!

6. soundtracker macrumors member

Not one that I could find.

7. MF878 macrumors regular

MF878

In terms of quality, they're very good. Design/colour/etc. is largely opinion based. Personally, I think the best thing about iCarbons is that the company doesn't try to act all corporate and getting problems resolved is a breeze if something screws up.

8. Skippymon macrumors newbie

I have a black iCarbon skin on my MacBook Air which I really love. It looks great. When I recently got an iPhone 5 I ordered a black and red iCarbon skin for the phone. I was very excited about it but was immediately disappointed with it, especially the side decal bit which really interrupted the smoothness and finish of the phone. I also didn't like the carbon fibre finish in comparison to the beautiful smooth finish of the naked phone. While the skin really compliments the Air, I felt it really brought the phone down in quality making it look tacky and so I pulled the skin off the next day, stretching it in the process thus making it unusable again. I got a skech hard rubber slide in case for use at work and I go 'naked' in the home!

9. TC25 macrumors 68020

IOW, the quality of the iCarbons skin for your phone was fine, you just didn't like the way it looked.

10. Skippymon macrumors newbie

Pretty much, except for the side trim bit whose edges were not smooth to touch. They felt rough and sharp and were uncomfortable when holding the phone.

11. jeme macrumors regular

I have purchased multiple products from this company, they are located about 40 miles from where I live, they are outstanding and really stand behind their products. Best skins you can get!