iCarbons Any issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aman20177, Apr 3, 2013.

1. aman20177 macrumors regular

Hello,

I'm planning on getting the carbon fiber (black) icarbons stickers for my rMBP 15". I had a few questions for all users that have experience with icarbons.

1. Does the adhesive leave any residue behind on the MBP's aluminium finish when taking it off?
    2. How likely is this skin to cause pitting on the MBP, I know peoples sweat sometimes cause them. But have you guys had any issues with your MBP's eroding or pitting caused by the adhesive?
    3. How easy is it to actually install?
    4. Any heating issues caused by having this on?

Thanks!

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

I have the same skin on my cMBP. Bought it before Apple apparently asked that they stop selling them with their logo already pre-cut into the film (stay classy, Cupertino :rolleyes: ). Anywho...

1) Can't answer that as I've had no need of removing the film.
    2) See #1
    3) It's easier than it looks. I would suggest watching an installation video on YouTube a couple times just so you get the hang of what's required.
    4) None that I've noticed.

3. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

I have the iCarbons skin on my Late 08 Aluminum Macbook, so it's pretty much the same minus the cuts.

1. It leaves no adhesive at all.
    2. Eroding or pitting? Nope. The skin doesn't let sweat or anything go through. maybe if sweat slides under the skin but that would be difficult to begin with.
    3. Easy, just have a hair drier from your gf, wife, mom, self... whatever. You'll need it to heat the corners to soften the skin then to place it down without any wrinkles in the corners.
    4. No heating issues on my MacBook at all

Enjoy the skin, they're awesome :D

4. aman20177 thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome, thanks for the replies. I was deciding either this or use a speck case. But went ahead and ordered the icarbons black rMBP skin.