Icarbons mba mid 2011?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by dabear, Jul 26, 2011.

1. dabear macrumors newbie

2. glen e macrumors 68030

3. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I think these things look pretty snazzy in black. Having the ghost armour booth at the mall order them for me so they can do the install.

4. tekksan macrumors regular

I installed an icarbon skin on my 2011 13" the other day. Works like a champ and looks great.

5. clareclair macrumors newbie

Can you buy these anywhere in the UK? I'm having trouble finding one!

6. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Try ebay. Search for carbon skins. You may or may not find the iCarbon brand, but theres plenty of other options.

7. will0407 macrumors 6502a

icarbon ship to the uk for $8.90. I'm tempted to get one, would you be interested in splitting shipping costs? I would have pm'd you but there was no option to.

8. MilkMan4 macrumors regular

now are these pretty much looks only with some protection? or do they offer the same protection as ghost armor, zagg, wrapsol, etc.??

9. RobQuads macrumors regular

If you order this weekend have a look at the iCarbon facebook page for %25 off voucher. This means its only around $31 for the top and bottom delivered ~ £20 which is not bad really for the genuine stuff. There are some ones on ebay from HongKong but they looks like poor copies i.e. not so dell fitting. No holes for the screwes incase you need to do maintenance.

10. jbouklas macrumors regular

I actually just posted about my iCarbon experience in another thread, didn't see this one. Anyway, I'm really happy with it for my wife's 11", except it's not a perfect fit. It's off by about a millimeter on the top, and on the bottom, only one or two of the feet line up well, the others leave space. Overall I'm happy with it, but I was under the impression it would be perfect given how much it costs.

11. meistervu macrumors 65816

Is it real carbon fiber?

Or is it just vinyl or linoleum?

12. glen e macrumors 68030

I have installed 4 MBA i carbons - all perfect match...

13. FieldingMellish Suspended

I love mine. Great quality vinyl that it tough and easy to apply. You don't get the dust bunny headaches like when putting on an iphone skin, assuming that both were done under clean controlled conditions. The iCarbon vinyl is sufficiently thick and opaque to roll over any errant particles and you don't see nary a dimple.

14. jbouklas macrumors regular

Mine's definitely not. Which is weird- maybe mine was part of a bad batch...

15. bizzle macrumors 6502a

$50 for a sticker? Looks like I am in the wrong business.

16. kimbermatic macrumors newbie

Bought the sticker...

I saw this from ICarbon and liked it. Looks snazzy protects the Air from scratch's. Just one day at work and several of my co-workers are ordering there "sticker".

One thing I like is the bottom and around the keyboard protection.

Went on fairly easy, I have tremors so it is always tricky. Just watch the video.

17. sarends macrumors member

Black iCarbons is one of the best protectors I have ever used and I have owned perhaps 20 laptops. Great product in every way.

18. glen e macrumors 68030

the "sticker" material is not cheap - try metrorestyling.com to order bare 3M di-noc...use a straight razor blade if you have some excess on the edges..

19. Brandon0448 macrumors 6502

Brandon0448

Love it

I have always been a fan of the carbon fiber look and when I saw this skin I just knew I had to have it. Installation wasn't too bad, just took a bit of time. I think the bottom piece was definitely the hardest to get on. It was very tough to get all the screw and feet holes lined up perfectly. It probably took me 3x the time to get the bottom piece on over the other ones. But overall I am very happy with it, have had many compliments and questions about it.

20. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

If you just cover the top and bottom it's only $29, and no it doesn't look or feel like a "sticker".