iCarbons Question.. Smart cover related

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by gdeputy, Mar 24, 2012.

1. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

So, im considering getting iCarbons for the back of my iPad and i want to know if it covers where the smart cover attaches.

I ask this because my old ghost armor covered where the smart cover hinge connected.. which i preferred as it kept the smart cover from scratching the iPad aluminum (a concern some have raised here).

Does the iCarbons extend far enough to allow the smart cover to attack OVER the skin or is the cover attaching on metal still.

2. glen e macrumors 68030

yes

3. sekazi macrumors 6502

Yes but it does sit half on and half off the skin which from my experience has a tendency of sliding around easier than without the skin.

It is not a huge issue so long as you are not going to tilt the iPad via the smart cover because I did it once and the iPad fell flat on its back as the cover came off.

If I had known about Sticker Boy before I ordered the iCarbons I would have ordered it instead. I ordered my Sticker Boy Extreme a few days ago and I hope it provides more protection.

4. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

Hmm didn't know it might do that. I just completed my install of the I carbon in the brushed alum and yes it is halfway covered. I'm typing this with my smart cover tilted and it hasn't fallen off. Hopefully it won't ever