iCarez 2.5D issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PeytonT123, Nov 23, 2018.

1. PeytonT123 macrumors member

Has anyone else had issues with the iCarez 2.5 screen protectors? I got it for my XR, and there seems to be some adhesion issues along the edges....it's been on for days, I've been trying to press and push them out, but every time I do the little pockets come back.

Wasn't sure if it was just how all of these are, or if it could be a defective one.

Attached Files:

2. Appleloves22 macrumors 6502a

Appleloves22

mine went away after a few days. now it looks like I don’t have a screen protector on at all. you may have a defective one.

3. Breezygirl, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018

Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

The last two I put on both were like that and didn’t ever completely stick. Also on the same side as yours, I’ll be putting another one in a third phone tomorrow. I’ll let you know if it has the same issue.

4. PeytonT123 thread starter macrumors member

Let me know! I emailed them and they gave me tips on how to put it on (which I did already follow), and are sending a replacement. I'll put the replacement on and make sure to take extra care pressing down to the edges.

5. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

The one I put on today worked perfectly, maybe I’ll contact them as well for the other two that still have this issue.

6. PeytonT123 thread starter macrumors member

Did you do anything differently when applying the 3rd one?

7. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

No, all three with the exact same process with the tray included. I’ve put several iCarez glass protectors on different phones, both 3D and 2.5D. Just lately had the bubble problem on a X and XR on the right edge.

8. Tmelon macrumors 65816

Similar issue. The top left corner and bottom middle would not stay down no matter how hard I tried. I used all 3 in the box, got a replacement from iCarez and had the same issue with all 3 in that box. I picked up a different brand of screen protectors and had no issue. Really disappointing as the iCarez on my iPhone X from last year was perfect.

9. Minarets, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018

Minarets macrumors 6502a

I had this issue on the sides and they replaced them immediately. I was more than satisfied with their customer service.

I had issues along the sides that would not adhere

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

This might be a XR issue (my XS Max version of iCarez is perfect) but have you tried moving it a millimeter over to the left or right? I had issues like this before and moving the protector over ever so slightly resolved it.

As unbelievable as it usually sounds to me, I did have a situation also where all the bubbles disappeared on their own after a while.

Also when pushing the bubbles out are you lifting the protector on the edges? The air has to go somewhere so if you don’t do that they’ll come right back. I usually lift a corner and using a hard item like a credit card press the protector into place while “sweeping” the air toward the lifted corner to get it out.

11. PeytonT123 thread starter macrumors member

Looks exactly like the issues I'm having! Is that an XR?

They're thankfully sending me a replacement, hopefully it will go on more smoothly.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 26, 2018 ---
    I have not tried moving it slightly to the left or right, that might be an option!

And I'm not, I'm just kinda trying to push out towards the edge...that's a very good point haha, I'll have to try that. It's weird though because it doesn't look like a "bubble"
    --- Post Merged, Nov 26, 2018 ---
    Which one did you get instead?

12. Breezygirl, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018

Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

Looking closer today sadly I can see my lastest one is doing it as well, all over the edges inside the black border. I can push it down and it all goes away but comes back.

13. Minarets macrumors 6502a

Yup. XR.

14. PeytonT123 thread starter macrumors member

Does your replacement look better without those edge adhesion issues?

15. Tmelon macrumors 65816

I got the Tethys 3D which is actually a 2.5D. The clarity isn't as good as the iCarez, but I got a perfect dust free install on the first try with their alignment tool and it's adhering properly on all of the corners.

16. Minarets macrumors 6502a

Just got it and have a Tethys Screen protector on right now

17. PeytonT123 thread starter macrumors member

How do you like the Tethys compared to iCarez? I'm debating making the switch. The one bad review I saw on Amazon said it covers the camera partially and affects pictures, is that true?

18. Minarets macrumors 6502a

So far loving it. It’s a 3 pack and now i have icarez as a back up to them. Doubt I’ll use them all.

19. PeytonT123 thread starter macrumors member

iCarez sent me a replacement pack, which was very nice of them.

But I bought this one anyway and it’s great. Installation was a tiny bit tricky, the frame had a little extra speck of material on it that pushed the alignment down a smudge so I had to manually push it up a tiny bit. But it went on super easy, no adhesion issues.

https://www.amazon.com/OMOTON-Cover...ncoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=oh_aui_i_d_rec_o0_img

And one thing I like about this one is it has little areas carved out in the black edge where the camera/sensors/dot projector/etc are. That was a little bit of a worry of mine with the iCarez.

20. dreamsINdigital macrumors 6502

Has anyone been able to put on an iCarez 3D protector for the XR without adhesion issues? I'm not sure if that's what I want to buy now.