Icarez true glass screen cover air bubble

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by curlyimac, Dec 10, 2015.

1. curlyimac macrumors newbie

I just installed screen protector on iPad pro. Almost seamless installation, but alas an air bubble after all of the adhesive went black when affixing to the screen. I tried to squeeze out but no good.
    will it disappear in a few days?
    Can't peel the screen protector back. it's one solid piece. You can see in the photo.

2015-12-10 07.07.07.jpg

2. Chuck Rodent macrumors member

Chuck Rodent

You can try to remove the bubble, otherwise you are looking at a do over with a new protector. If the bubble is caused by dirt between the screen and protector, then you have to start over.I assume this is a glass protector that sticks by static since you say it is one solid piece.

Here's what worked for me: lift the nearest corner to the bubble with a sharp knife, keep prying until the lifted portion is close the bubble, squeeze the bubble towards the lifted portion until gone, slowly let down the protector while rubbing towards the corner. I did mine immediately and there is no remnants of the bubble. The bubble will not disappear by itself.

3. curlyimac thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually I did what you suggested, took a sharp object and lifted the corner and the bubble went out right away. I now have nice clear screen! Thanks!