.icc profile for P800 & Epson Premium Luster paper

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by slater-k, Aug 14, 2016.

1. slater-k macrumors regular

Hi Everyone,

Just taken delivery of a new P800, and I can't find anywhere an .icc profile for it and the Epson paper Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster ... not on Epson's site anyway :(

Seems crazy, but all I can find is this which is just for the fancy paper: https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Pro/ICCProfilesAll.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes

Can anyone point me in the right direction - I've got a job that needs to be printed ahead of Monday (today being Sunday) and I'm stuck and not sure why I can't find it as there should be one produced by Epson no?

I will be getting a custom one made, but I just need to get this job out the door first.

Cheers

2. slater-k thread starter macrumors regular

Found them ... after searching and searching!

They were in here: /Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/EP1408OL1.profiles
    but the trick is to "show contents" of the .profile file, as it's actually a package. So once you've got past that, then you can see the individual icc profiles.

I wish they'd be more straightforward about things :mad:

Just printed a test image with that profile - and it's way off. This is killing me!

3. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Is your screen calibrated?

4. slater-k thread starter macrumors regular

yes ... I've found out what it was that was causing the bad colours.

The driver was the "air" driver. I had to delete the printer, go to the add printer dialog box, wait for the "IP" version of the printer to come up, and then add that one. I think the air driver doesn't allow proper colour sync - with it you can't turn off the printer's colour controls, which is something you need if LR / PS / ID is looking after the colour instead.