.icc profile for retina MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeiter, Mar 31, 2014.

1. zeiter macrumors 6502

Hi there,

I'd like to try a few .icc profiles for the following screens: LP154WT1-SJE1

Anyone mind to share? thank you :)

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

This one's from my 13" rMBP (late-2013) with an A020 screen. There's no way to check whether it's Samsung or LG for my one.

Attached Files:

3. tmoerel macrumors 6502

Looking at the colour variations on the different rMBP panels i have seen, I am not sure that using someone else's calibration profile is ever going to bring you a satisfying result.

If you want to make sure to get a well calibrated screen get something like a X-Rite i1 or a ColorVision Spyder calibrator. That way the icc profile will be made for your panel and you will be able to recalibrate regularly!

4. shadow82x, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014

shadow82x macrumors 6502

Looks like its an LG. It's identical to my SJE2 default profile. (late 15") I was curious to see if there was any difference between them, perhaps there isn't. Someone posted a sunspider profile that looks quite nice, different, but I'm indifferent on whether or not it looks better.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't understand the point of using someone else's profile.

I have calibrated three identical computers and the profiles are vastly different from one another.

Using a profile from another computer may "look" nice, but otherwise you'll still have incorrectly calibrated colors.