ICC profiles for mid-2010 iMacs.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Protokoll, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Protokoll macrumors member

I have a 9CD6 27" iMac and I was wondering if anyone had used a professional calibration device to produce a more accurate .icc profile. I used one of the color profiles in the MacBook Pro forum on my notebook and the results were astounding -- I am hoping to do the same here.

If anyone is wondering how to determine your screen model number go to System Preferences -> Displays -> Color -> Select the 'iMac' profile -> Open Profile -> Scroll to line 17 and the model information you're looking for will be there.

Thanks.

2. Protokoll thread starter macrumors member

No one with an iMac has calibration hardware? There are 15 threads in the MacBook Pro forum and it seems as though everyone over there calibrates their display and shares their profile. The default color profile on my iMac is quite blue and blown out; I was hoping for a more accurate .icc profile so that I could edit photos easier on my iMac.

If no one has a profile to share I guess I'll just bite the bullet and get a calibration unit myself.

3. rkahl macrumors 65816

The new iMac's just came out, but if you do buy the calibration software can you please add your profiles to this forum?

Thanks!

4. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I'm, also looking for any calibrated profiles for the 9CD6 display.

5. gotanimac macrumors member

I would like this too... just bought a 2010 27" iMac.

6. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Anyone got one of these now?

Incidentally, I'd also like to know who manufactures this display.