Ice tea in iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by No ice please, May 22, 2010.

1. No ice please macrumors 6502

Nov 21, 2009
    Ok guys I probably just had the worst wake-up ever. I put my iphone on my nightstand and a cup of ice tea right next to it. There was less than Half an inch left in there but when I woke up it was all over my night stand and under my iPhone. There wasn't any on the touch screen just under it by the case. So how can I tell whether it got inside or there is more damage? I do have the case off and its sitting on my desk off. I do not have rice even though thats what I've heard to put it in.
  2. INeedAMacBook macrumors 6502

Feb 8, 2010
    dont worry there probaly isnt any damage, the fist thing i did with my first ipod touch was drop it in cereal, it arrived in the post in the morning and as i was taking the sticky plastic off i pulled too hard and it flipped out of my hand straight into my cereal, and there was nothing wrong wtih it
  3. iFixYouri macrumors member

Mar 20, 2010
    We would recommend a water damage repair service. Place in a bag of rice or silica packs for the time being. Let sit for about 48-72 hours before trying anything. A water damage repair will ensure no corosion has/will be on the board, and any damaged parts are repaired.
  4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
  5. -aggie- macrumors P6

Jun 19, 2009
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    I don’t understand how the phone was situated physically on the nightstand. If the screen was facing up and in a case and all that happened is tea got spilled on the nightstand, I would doubt you got water damage. Check the indicators in the head phone jack and the dock connector.