IceCase for iPhone 3G Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kes601, Aug 3, 2008.

1. kes601 macrumors regular

I was hoping somebody else has purchased this case and can shed a little light on how to remove the thing. I have it on the phone, but it came with no instructions and I can't figure out how to a) remove the bottom piece for easy docking or b) remove the entire case.

Thanks if anybody can help.

2. dcshutter019 Guest

I'm not sure if this is the one but I think one case like that uses a penny?

3. kes601 thread starter macrumors regular

I got it figured out, you have to undo the top left corner in order to take the case off. The bottom part that is removable to make for easy docking would need to be left off when you originally snap the case together, it is not easily removable on the fly......

4. DTphonehome macrumors 68000

Couple questions for you, if you don't mind... I'm seriously considering this case.
    1. Does it come off easily? I only would use it while at work (I wear scrubs all day and have no pockets).
    2. Do you think the phone will still fit in the case with a Crystal Shield on it?
    3. How much thickness does the belt clip add?
    4. Where did you get it? I see it at many places online but never saw it in a store.
    Thanks!

5. kes601 thread starter macrumors regular

Hi, no problem at all answering your questions.

1) Once I figured out how to get it off it was not too difficult, putting it back together again is another story.

2) I had a crystal shield on it and was using the case, so should not be an issue. I had to remove the shield though, but now have a different one on and no problems.

3) I think it adds 1/2 an inch to the thickness. The other problem with the belt clip is that the way it attaches to the back of the case does not seem overly secure to me. I've added a couple of pieces of scotch tape so that it cannot scoot accidentally, this in turn removes the ability to easily remove it.

4) If, after that you still want one, I got it from Amazon about a week ago.

For the record, I do like the case as I will use it because I won't be swapping cases, but if you only plan on using it part of the time I would suggest looking for a different case. I chose it because it would show off the iPhone(not mask the back of it) and because it had a belt clip -- these 2 things seemed like a hard thing to find as a combo.

6. DTphonehome macrumors 68000

Thanks for the great reply! I actually did order it before I saw your response, but I think I'll be happy with it... it seems to be the best case for my needs... has a belt clip, very strong protection against drops, easily removable. Hopefully it go on and off easily for me. I ordered it from shop4tech.com, as Amazon seems to no longer have the item.

The other case I was strongly considering was the Marware Quick Vue case, but I read some bad reviews.

7. kes601 thread starter macrumors regular

The other case I bought is the Marware C.E.O. Flip Vue™ for iPhone 3G, it is good, but the hole is not big enough for the camera lens, so you would get shadows on the corners of the pictures.