iChat 4.0.8 question: Default status on iChat restart

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by malolans, May 16, 2009.

1. malolans macrumors member

Hi Folks,

iChat was updated to 4.0.8 in 10.5.7 and I have a question regarding that. I searched and could not find any information. In 4.0.7, when I restart iChat it would log me in the status I quit the application in (say idle with my status text). Now in 4.0.8 when I open the App it always signs me in Available mode. Do you guys see this too? Is there a away to change this? I have chax and growl iChat installed, does it have anything to do with it?

Thanks

2. gykx888 macrumors newbie

gykx888

iChat

Hi guys,

i also have the same problem with iChat 4.0.8 version and already updated to 10.5.7 OS X. every time i open the iChat application, it always says: The application iChat quit unexpectedly. Now, i always do Relaunch iChat but, then nothing really happens, its just like that. Does anybody here can help me to fix this problem for iChat. :(

3. liljaz85 macrumors newbie

ichat 4.0.8

Ok so I have ichat 4.0.8 and for some reason It wont let me video chat with my BF's comp. He has ichat version 3.1.9. We both have macs and mine updated automatically. I told him to update his but when he checked his software updates, he didnt have one for ichat. Is there any way he can update it. Or is my comp the one that messed up?