ichat account setup won't open

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KenJJ, Feb 24, 2010.

1. KenJJ macrumors newbie

When I purchased my Macbook Pro about a year and half ago I clicked open the ichat icon from the dock to check it out. From what I remember an account setup window appeared. I wasn't going to use ichat at the time so I closed the window without doing the setup. Now I want to use ichat so when I went to click the ichat icon from the dock to access the account setup nothing happened. No account setup window opened nothing appeared. I tried opening the ichat feature from my applications folder and again it won't open. What do I do to get the ichat account window to open so I can start using ichat?

2. KenJJ thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I figured it out. I went over to Youtube and clicked on an ichat setup instructional. Apparently if you've clicked on the ichat icon once before and the account setup window appears it won't reappear the second time you click on the ichat icon at least it didn't for me. What I wasn't aware of was when you click on the ichat icon from the dock you can see the word "ichat' in the upper left hand corner of the screen where the word "safari" normally appears. Strange I never noticed that in the beginning but live and learn. I then realized you can access the ichat setup and preferences from that spot. I set everything up and added an aim ID so it appears I'm on my way.