Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Hi there

Yesterday something really strange happened. All my iChat buddies disappeared (went offline at the same time) and since then they're all offline when i go onto iChat (via AIM).

Now i tried to change the server port settings to 443 but that didn't do anything.

Then I read the exact same issue here: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6670971

I did all those steps and deleted the plist files to reset it and also force quit the agent and repeated the deletion again but it still doesn't work.

What's going on? Neither changing server settings nor deletion of the old plist files did anything.

What else can I do?

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Have you tried manually deleting a buddy and adding them back?

Have you tried to access them through Adium?

Just throwing out some suggestions :)

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
I don't think re-adding manually again is gonna change anything. I see the buddies greyed out, just shows them as offline. Really don't understand.

Adium, well i wanna use iChat not Adium. Just because of this issue i can't suddenly give up expecting iChat to run the way it should.

Any more tips/ suggestions greatly apperciated.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Any other people with this issue?

Anybody know if AOL is fixing it?

Last i heard was it might be happening because of the whole iPhone Push thingy but not sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.