ichat ---> aim

xwk88

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2005
why cant I use video conference with my windows friends the invite a buddy to view my webcam buton is blured out do you know why it doesn't have the capacity to view users on windows. by the way I'm using an isight with an I mac he has aim the latest version. any Idea on how to make this work.

he's runing windope 98.

Gokhan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2003
London
k

sorry never had a isight thats why !
any way i have my camcorder connected via firewire and its fine maybe its ichat u need ichat av its a free update sorry to sound stupid :)

Applespider

macrumors G4
Gokhan said:
sorry never had a isight thats why !
any way i have my camcorder connected via firewire and its fine maybe its ichat u need ichat av its a free update sorry to sound stupid :)
Well since he has Tiger, he's already got iChat AV.

xwk, are you saying that you don't get the webcam option when you select your Buddy's name? Can he see the webcam option next to you when he selects your name? Can he initiate the chat with you?

Do you get as far as 'trying to connect?' You and/or he may also have to check your firewall settings. Here's some info direct from Apple on what ports to open in the firewall

I've read reports of PC users being able to use Trillian Pro for a better experience.

Jopling

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2004
Pretty sure windows 98 doesn't support aims video chat feature. Nor does it support the latest aim. I do video chat with my Windows pals all the time. The big question is why do they have such a small unresizeable window?

Pistol Pete

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2005
California
Jopling said:
Pretty sure windows 98 doesn't support aims video chat feature. Nor does it support the latest aim.

exactly...you need xp, latest version and video im patch from the aim site...

TRY THIS:

try viewing your own camera, if you cant then i say its your prob....