iChat Alert noises

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AaronHeth, Nov 18, 2007.

1. AaronHeth macrumors member

I dislike most of the iChat noises available for alerts and have always made my own in GarageBand. That was fine until Leopard. For some reason, my "Buddy Becomes Available" sound has stopped working since Leopard. I've tried moving it around, I even made a new sound, saved in a different format, in a different location, and nothing. I had a friend with Leopard try a custom alert also, and it's a no go. What is going on here? Is anyone else experiencing this?

In iChat preferences, go to Alerts. I'm using the "Buddy Becomes Available." I have "Play Sound" checked, I go to Add/Remove, and add my sound. In the preferences pane, it works, however when a buddy becomes available it does not.

(Also, I miss being able to manually edit what iChat "announces" from the Voice utility).

2. dirtskier macrumors newbie

ok, I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I have a question... is there any way to bring back the feature mentioned at the bottom of this post, where you can edit the voice text of the announcement... I used to be able hear the name of the person sending me a message when they sent a text invite... now that option is gone in leopard, and I have to hear the whole text of their message. I just want the customizability back.

any help? hacks? anything?