iChat and Google Talk not working so well...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jayhawk85, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Jayhawk85 macrumors member

Jayhawk85

I've been using Adium almost as long as I've been using a Mac, but after upgrading to Leopard I switched back to iChat to take advantage of all the new features. I'm using the latest version of Chax to combine my AIM and GTalk buddy lists into one window.

Since switching to the new Leopard iChat I have been having problems with my GTalk account. It will only stay connected for about 15 minutes before signing off with an error like "Lost communication with the host" or something along those lines. I have tried deleting the account and re-entering my name and password, but that didn't fix anything. Is this a GTalk problem, an iChat problem, or both? Anybody else having this issue?

2. shukaide macrumors newbie

I have been having the same problems. I installed leopard about a week ago. I access Gtalk through the Gmail page itself, not through iChat. Gtalk seemed ok for the first two or three days, but now it cuts off every 10 minutes or so, and the chat option (list of contacts on the left rail) disappears if I refresh the page. This happens in both firefox and safari.