iChat and yahoo

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jrock2004, Sep 22, 2008.

1. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

I have been reading about using jabber so you can use yahoo and msn im with iChat. I tried going thru walkthroughs and get stuck with adding the services. Was wondering if anyone has successfully done this and could help me with this. Thanks

2. jrock2004 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you very much for the link but I use adium and I do not like it. That is why I am searching on how to use iChat since I like iChat more than adium

3. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Ok, i'm not trying to brake your nerves but have you tried customizing it? Because Adium is fully customizable. Many people don't like it in the first place until they customize it!

4. jrock2004 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have customized it yes. I just want to use the app that apple made. I want to the i suite. I like the integration with other apps which adium does not have

5. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Yeah you're right. If only iChat could support msn... It would be great app Anyway, have you tried googling your problem? That can help you.

6. jrock2004 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah but I cannot find a jabber server that supports msn and yahoo. I think I will forget it and hope apple adds support

7. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

so do I jrock, so do I.....

:apple: