iChat annoyances...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by The Tsar, Oct 30, 2007.

1. The Tsar macrumors newbie

Hello all...

Recently upgraded to Leopard, and since there is no Chax support in this version (yet), I have run across two minor annoyances that nonetheless irk the living heck out of me:

#1. Everytime I receive an IM for the first time, instead of getting the full window I am getting a small "preview" window, in which I have the option to Accept or Deny the chat. I've scoured through the Preferences pane, and have found no option to turn this off...is there a way to do this, or are we going to have to wait until Apple figures out they left the option out?

#2. In tabbed chats, is there any keystroke combination that allows you to switch between tabs without doing it manually with the mouse? In Chax we could Command-1, Command-2, etc to move in between chats. Doing this now brings up different windows, not tabs. Any ideas?

In general, I like the improvements to iChat with this version...it's about time we had the ability to create groups and be invisible...but it sure would be nice if I could rid myself of those two annoyances above.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

2. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

honestly the preview window never really annoyed me, but I think you can turn it off..

A couple of things that annoy me are the setting of away messages.. I'd like to be able to have blank lines in it.. and the whole get info aspect sucks. I used adium for a while, and if they could enable video and screen sharing i'd switch back in a flash..

I guess not, another thing I do not like about ichat right now is that when working in a space, when a window pops up I am automatically drawn to my "iChat space" kind of annoying for right now, especially if I am posting or reading. It's like instant head-ache.