iChat audio conference with AIM?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Celeron, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Celeron macrumors 6502a

I know I can do a regular one-to-one audio conference between iChat on OSX and AIM on Windows. Is it possible to do a 3 or 4 person audio chat with a combo of those clients? I know iChat itself can do an audio chat with up to 9 or 10 people at the same time.

Tried the other day with a friend of mine who also has OSX and another that has a Windows PC. We couldn't find a way to conference us together.

We ended up using Skype instead. Just curious to know if this is supposed to work.

2. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

Yes it is possible. When the audio chat is running, there should be a + sign somewhere on the bottom of it. Clicking on it should give you the option of adding more people. Alternatively, ctrl-clicking on a contact would give you the option of adding people to an existing audio chat.

3. Celeron thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yah, I tried that, the option isn't available if the other person isn't running iChat. To confirm I fired up all my laptops and got on iChat and I could do a conference with all three. But I can't do a conference with an AIM client.