Ichat AV for OS X.4.11

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lysie, Apr 23, 2011.

1. lysie macrumors newbie

Okies.

Backstory: I have an old G4 pb. My fiance just deployed to Iraq. I found an Isight camera so I could video chat with him as my pb is one of the ones that does not have one internally. I never installed the Ichat AV because i didn't have an Isight so why did it matter. Now I wish I had.

I know that I can do an install from my tiger discs. However, i don't know which state my tiger discs are in. Could be Louisiana could be Texas could be Virginia.

Therefore, is there ANYWHERE that I can go online that will allow me to download the Ichat AV software that will work with 10.4.11? I have searched and searched and searched and the closest I have gotten is one that will work for 10.4.8 and then it jumps to 10.5.

Any suggestions? I'm gonna go nutty if I can't talk to him and see him at the same time.

thanks bunches

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

iChat is installed by default. Unless you deleted it for some reason, it should be in your Applications folder.

3. lysie thread starter macrumors newbie

see, that's what i thought. in fact, ichat comes up and all is happy and good. cept it won't let me video chat him and i don't know what else i can do. if ichat is there and working. and the camera is hooked to the firewire. and i can see the video preview then why can i not invite him to a video chat?

i tried in yahoo im as well since it is supposed to be able to work there as well but it's the same thing.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The other person also has to have a video camera to do a video chat.

5. lysie thread starter macrumors newbie

he does. he's on his new ipad. it worked when i was at his grandmother's earlier in the week so i know it's all good on his side...he doesn't get the option on his to invite me to video chat either.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If he has an iPad 2 and you have a PPC Mac, then Skype maybe the only video chatting program that will work on both. If you have an Intell Mac running Snow Leopard, you could use FaceTime. But Snow Leopard is Intell only.

7. lysie thread starter macrumors newbie

i'll go hunt and see if i can find a skype that works with pre 10.5...haven't found that one yet.my pb will only go as far as 10.4.11.

so essentially you're saying that with the current 10.4.11 and the ichat that is with it there is no way to make my isight work to connect to video chat with him?

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Skype for Tiger

9. lysie thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you so much for all your help. i found the skype 2.8. i'm gonna see if that works. i really really appreciate it.