ichat away message as current itunes songs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by blackjacmac, Oct 26, 2008.

1. blackjacmac macrumors newbie

blackjacmac

hey everybody. i've checked the site a few times but was unable to find out how to create an away message as the current itunes song. i've found a few post about rearranging the order. which was helpful but not quite what i wanted to do. some info on my setup
    software info ichat 4
    osx 10.5.5 with all updates as of 10/26/08
    blackbook 2.2 c2d 4g ram

thanks in advance

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. blackjacmac thread starter macrumors newbie

blackjacmac

thanks for that piece of code. i ran that script and it did set my status to away but instead of showing the artist and track im just getting %track - %artist. i quit and relaunched both programs. im not sure if there is another step that i might need to preform. also is it possible to just change the current itunes song item from available to away?

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Hmmm, it seems that the part that says %Track... has to exactly match a plist string called itunesmessageformat. So you might have to look at that value and/or change it to your liking, and then try it. See the article

http://acletras.com/2008/03/29/change-ichats-current-itunes-song-status-message/

For more information on doing that.

And hmm, I don't know a way you can take the existing one and change it, unfortunately.

5. jca488 macrumors newbie

it works!

Well, I dont know much code. But for my away i just entered "%Track - %Artist" and it worked!
    however when I tried to add text it only showed 'text. %Track - %Artist' instead of the song i was playing. but now it works so thanks for the code!
    :apple:
    -J

6. MasterMind3895 macrumors newbie

Rock on simplicity

7. sou1 so1di3r macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

yes! Thanks!:apple: